California ZEV Battery Directive
- UNCTAD, Developing countries pay environmental cost of electric car batteries. UNCTAD. (2020, July 22). From https://unctad.org/news/developing-countries-pay-environmental-cost-electric-car-batteries
- Baumann-Pauly, D. (2020). Making Mining Safe and Fair: Artisanal Cobalt Extraction in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. World Economic Forum.
- Battery Raw Materials – Where from and Where to? Backhaus, R, 2021, ATZ worldwide, 123(9), 8–13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s38311-021-0715-5.
- Lithium-ion Car Battery Recycling Advisory Group. CalEPA. (2022, March).
- Van der Ent et al., 2013; Reeves, Roger & Baker, Alan & Jaffré, Tanguy & Erskine, Peter & Echevarria, Guillaume & Ent, Antony. (2017). A global database for plants that hyperaccumulate metal and metalloid trace elements. New Phytologist. 218. 10.1111/nph.14907.
- National Blueprint for Lithium Batteries 2021-2030- Executive Summary. Federal Consortium for Advanced Batteries.
- Kelly, M. (2020). Electrifying the UK and the Want of Engineering, essay 11. The Global Warming Policy Foundation. from https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2020/05/KellyDecarb-1.pdf
- Newburger, E. (2021, November 6). Ghost towns and toxic fumes: How an idyllic California Lake became a disaster. CNBC. from https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/06/californias-salton-sea-spewing-toxic-fumes-creating-ghost-towns-.html
- Artisanal and small-scale gold mining. OECD. (n.d.). From https://www.oecd.org/daf/inv/mne/artisanal-small-scale-miner-hub.htm
- Göran Finnveden, Michael Z. Hauschild, Tomas Ekvall, Jeroen Guinée, Reinout Heijungs, Stefanie Hellweg, Annette Koehler, David Pennington, Sangwon Suh, Recent developments in Life Cycle Assessment, Journal of Environmental Management, Volume 91, Issue 1, 2009, Pages 1-21, ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2009.06.018.