Environmental Assistant/Office Assistant for Hire
We are looking for an Environmental Assistant/Office Assistant to join our team part-time at the Edgar Institute! Edgar & Associates is an environmental engineering company and lobbying firm based in Midtown, Sacramento and specializing in solid waste management, recycling, composting, and renewable energy issues. We are a small, tight-knit group that are supportive, flexible, and work together to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
Job Description and Tasks:
- $15.00 per hour with no benefits
- Part-time, in-office, flexible schedule
- Proofing and editing technical documents
- Filing, managing mailers and binders
- Answering the door and greeting clients
- Outside of office errands
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas
- Set-up and take-down of special events
- Helping manage and update website and social media
- General staff support
- Organization and attention to detail
- Able prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- Able to take direction from multiple managers/directors
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Has their own transportation and laptop
- Preferably has a bachelor’s degree in an environmental field, or has some higher education in the environmental field, but is not required. Working knowledge of the solid waste industry, our food system, sustainability, greenhouse gas mitigation, and/or environmental impact is a plus.
- Knowledge of media platforms and marketing is a plus.