Julie Arenz is the Sustainability Associate at Edgar and Associates. Julie has over 10 years of experience working in sustainability education and outreach, GHG mitigation/ Climate Action Plans, CalRecycle Annual Reporting, grant and project management, and edible food recovery capacity reports. Julie not only possesses the technical skills to analyze data and research to produce high quality reports, but also understands how to communicate information and market specifically relating to the solid waste industry.
Julie is a dedicated, versatile, and technically adept business professional with a diverse skill-set developed through experience in communications, data analysis, research, outreach, marketing, and graphic design. Furthermore, Julie possesses extensive knowledge of SB 1383 program compliance and implementation. She is excellent at leading a team and working in a supportive role to meet strict deadlines on competitive projects.
- BA in Environmental Studies and BA in Politics, University of California Santa Cruz, 2013
- Resource Recovery Coalition of CA Next Gen Graduate 2018
- Technical Associate and Lead Editor for multiple Response to Proposals for facilities and collection contracts.
- Project Manager for CalRecycle Annual Reporting. This includes working with solid waste haulers and facilities to report on behalf of multiple Jurisdiction.
- Key team member for Abound Food Care Edible Food Capacity Reports. Abound provides solutions and facilitates collaboration with public, private, and non-profit sectors to guide and support the implementation of regional food care programs that optimize the supply chain to end hunger and food waste.
- Managing application for The Recycling Partnership’s PET Grant Program.
- Working in a supportive role in advocacy and lobbying for regulations that impact the solid waste industry.
- California Compost Coalition Newsletter Editor | 2017-2021
- Graphic design and curating material for education and outreach programs, proposals, websites, company branding, promotional videos, and social media. The work includes strategizing document themes, designing cover pages, material flow diagrams, resumes, and organization charts.